James Martin's Beef Bourguignon. For the beef bourguignon, sprinkle the flour onto a plate and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. James Martin's beef bourguignon. [email protected] (Anna Berrill). Pour in the brandy and carefully set it alight to burn off the alcohol, then add the wine and stock and bring to a simmer.
The Kitchen – Cookery School at Chewton Glen. This one pot Bourguignon uses partridge instead of beef. A good quality Burgundy wine is essential to this dish, bringing a real depth of flavour! You can have James Martin's Beef Bourguignon using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of James Martin's Beef Bourguignon
- It’s 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s 2 lb of braising steak.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of oliveboil.
- It’s 1 of shallot.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 75 ml of brandy.
- You need 500 ml of red wine.
- It’s 1 liter of beef stock.
- It’s 1 of bouquet garni (2 bay leaves, 2 sprigs of thyme, 2 sprigs of flat leaf parsley tied together with string).
- It’s 115 grams of baby onions.
- It’s 25 grams of butter.
Take inspiration from James Martin with this classic French recipe. Boeuf bourguignon is rich in flavour and hearty, a great dish for a cold day. Boeuf Bourguignon is a classic French beef stew made with red wine, pearl onions and mushrooms. James Martin's Food Map Of Britain.
James Martin's Beef Bourguignon instructions
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and toss the beef in it. Place a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat, add 1 to 2 tablespoons live oil and fry the beef for 1 to 2 minutes in batches, removing each batch from the pan when browned and placing it on a plate while you brown the rest, adding more oil as needed..
- Add the pancetta and fry for 1-2 mins or until golden brown, then tip in the shallot, onions and garlic and fry for a further 2-3 mins or until browned. Return the browned beef to the pan and mix well with the other ingredients..
- Pour in the brandy and carefully set it alight to burn off the alcohol, then add the wine and stock and bring to a simmer. Add the bouquet garni, then cover and cook on a low heat for 2 hrs or until tender and thickened. Alternatively, cook in the oven at 140°C, gas mark 1, for 2 hrs, or in a slow cooker for approximately 3-4 hrs..
- Half an hour before the meat is cooked, blanch the baby onions in boiling water for 30 secs, then peel. Place a separate frying pan over a high heat, add the butter and a little olive oil and fry the onions for 2-3 mins or until just golden, then add to the casserole for the last 20 mins of cooking time..
Girl Meets Farm – Molly Yeh. Cosy up with this French take on beef stew for the ultimate comfort food. Toss the beef with the flour, then season. With Anna Faris, Allison Janney, Mimi Kennedy, Jaime Pressly. Christy discovers her new job at a law firm isn't quite what she expected, and Bonnie's therapist, Trevor, pushes her to confront her Share this Rating.