Savory Pickled Beets.
You can have Savory Pickled Beets using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Savory Pickled Beets
- It’s of medium beets sliced into 1/4 inch (.75cm) half-rounds.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of white wine vinegar.
- It’s of sea salt.
- It’s of caraway seeds.
- It’s of mustard seeds.
- Prepare of Small clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need of bay leaf (optional).
- It’s of black pepper corns (optional).
Savory Pickled Beets instructions
- I pre-steam my beets for five minutes in the pressure cooker. This is not a required step but if you don't do so, you will need to simmer the beets for longer at the end (~20 minutes or until fork tender). Combine beets and brine ingredients in a medium sauce pan..
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes if beets were pre-cooked or until fork tender otherwise (~15-20 minutes)..
- Transfer beets and brine to a large jar and allow to cool to room temperature. Cap the jar and refrigerate. Ready to enjoy any time but taste best after a day or two..