Butternut squash soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. It adds just the right balance for the squash.
It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. You can have Butternut squash soup using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup
- It’s 1 tbsp of oliveoil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of large onion,diced.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove,crushed.
- You need 1 of celery stick,chopped.
- It’s 1 of redchilli,deseeded and chopped.
- You need 1 of butternut squash (roughly 1kg/2 1\4 lbs) peeled deeseded & cut.
- You need 1 of and half ltr water.
- It’s 200 gm of creamed coconut,roughly chopped.
- You need of Sea salt and black peppar.
This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, easy to make, and SO delicious! Easy homemade butternut squash soup is naturally thick and creamy, perfect for the season when squash is available in abundance. Full of butternut flavour, this soup is perfect for when you're. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best!
Butternut squash soup instructions
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Throw in the mustard and cumin seeds and stir until they begin to pop. Add the onion,garlic,celery,and chilli and cook for a further 2 minutes add the squash,water and creamed coconut,bring to the boil and simmer,stirring occasionally,until the squash is really soft and tender. Transfer to a blender and process until smooth. Season to taste and serve. Or cool and refrigerate,ready to reheat and take to work in a flask the next day.
Butternut Squash Soup is a creamy bowl of comfort food goodness! When this time of year rolls around I've always got a few butternut squashes sitting on the counter to cook with so I'm often looking for new things to add them too. Making soup from butternut squash is one of our go-to moves during the fall. Fortunately for you, it could not be easier. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe.