Slow cooker pork carnitas. Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas – The easiest carnitas you will ever make in the crockpot, cooked low and slow for the most amazing fall-apart tender goodness! Remove pork shoulder from the slow cooker and shred the meat before returning to the pot with the juices; season with salt and pepper, to taste, if. Made with all natural ingredients like traditional Mexican Carnitas, these Carnitas can be made in the slow cooker, pressure cooker or oven – directions.
I have to admit, it has taken me so many failed attempts and trying a huge variety of different recipes before finally setting on this one. Pork Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork). Mix together salt, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, coriander, and cinnamon in a bowl. You can have Slow cooker pork carnitas using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker pork carnitas
- Prepare 1 of 3 pound boneless pork shoulder.
- It’s 10 clove of sliced garlic.
- You need 2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of orange juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare 2 of chipotle chiles in adoba sauce, drained and chopped.
- You need 20 of corn or flour tortillas, warmed.
- It’s 2/3 cup of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2/3 cup of salsa.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of fresh cilantro.
- You need 10 of lime wedges.
Coat pork with the spice mixture. Place the bay leaves in the bottom of a slow cooker and place the pork on top. My all-time favorite Mexican Pork Carnitas recipe…made extra easy in the Crock-Pot! This slow cooker carnitas recipe is nice and crispy, totally tender and juicy, full of great flavor, and irresistibly delicious.
Slow cooker pork carnitas instructions
- Make 1/2-inch-deep slits on outside of roast; stuff with garlic. Combine cumin and next 3 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl. Place roast in a 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker. Sprinkle pork on all sides with spice mixture..
- Combine juices and chipotle chiles. Pour juice mixture over pork. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until pork is tender..
- Remove pork from slow cooker; shred with 2 forks. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Combine shredded pork and 1/2 cup cooking liquid; toss well..
- Spoon 1 1/2 ounces pork mixture onto each tortilla; top each with 1 1/2 teaspoons onion, 1 1/2 teaspoons salsa, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro. Serve with lime wedges..
These Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas are super juicy, easy and so much more flavorful than other versions complete with glorious caramelized crispy burnt ends! They are great for large crowds or make ahead meals and makes the best tacos, burritos, nachos, salads, etc. Can I make Carnitas in the Instant Pot? Can this be made with chicken? What to serve with Crispy Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas.