West Indies Curry.
You can have West Indies Curry using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of West Indies Curry
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken breast or breast cutlets.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dark rum.
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 stalks of lemon grass.
- It’s 3 of thai peppers (habanero or jalapeño also work).
- You need 3 bunches of thai pepper.
- It’s of Salt for seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of thai red curry paste.
West Indies Curry step by step
- In a large ziplock leave the following refrigerated overnight or for at least 2 hrs. Slice the chicken into 1.5 inch dices (about 7 per breast). Chop half the large onion in big chunks, 2 thai peppers, half a cup of dark rum, 2 of the 4 garlic cloves tiny chopped and half of the lemongrass stalks..
- Heat a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Only remove the chicken from the ziplock fry until cooked (aprox 7-10 min). Season chicken with salt..
- In a different pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add half a cut onion (julienned) and the rest of the garlic and lemongrass. Aprox 3-5 min, bring to a simmer..
- Add the cooked chicken and 3/4 of the coconut milk, thai basil leaves into the pan with the veggies, cook for 2 min and then add the red curry paste. Bring down temperature stir and cook for an extra 5 minutes..
- Serve with alone or with Jasmine rice..