Tamarind chutney (sweet and sour sauce). Sweet and sour, this tamarind sauce is a flavorful Indian staple that's easy to prepare at home. Sauces, dips, dressings, and condiments from around the world. Tamarind chutney or imli chutney is a sweet sour & flavorful Indian condiment used in chaats.
Sweet Tamarind Dates Chutney Recipe with step by step photos. Easy to make Sweet & Tangy Chutney for Chaat Recipes. I learnt Chutney whilst my Home Science classes and have been following this recipe since then. You can cook Tamarind chutney (sweet and sour sauce) using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tamarind chutney (sweet and sour sauce)
- Prepare of tamarind *.
- Prepare of jaggery.
- It’s of dates.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of Ginger paste.
- You need of Green chilli paste.
- Prepare of Salt.
This exotic sweet and sour chutney is a delicious condiment. This chutney can be called the ketchup of the east! Tamarind chutney is delicious with samosas, pakoras, drizzled over dahi vada, bhel poori, and any kind of chat. This is also delicious as a dipping sauce for French fries. how to make sweet tamarind chutney with step by step photo recipe: firstly, in a large kadai take equal proportion of seedless tamarind, seedless dates and jaggery (½ cup each). finally, tamarind chutney / tamarind date chutney stays good for a month when refrigerated in a airtight glass jar.
Tamarind chutney (sweet and sour sauce) instructions
- For tamarind, remove its hard cover and soak it in hot water(2 tbsp water) for 1 hour and then use it with water.
- Boil tamarind, jaggery, dates and water in a pressure cooker till 1 whistle.
- Let it cool down for 20 minutes.
- Filter the tamarind boiled mixture using bowl /steel pan base as net (as shown below) and put a pan below to collect the filtered liquid.
- Press it with spoon or hand inside the net to take most of the paste out of the mixture.
- Add ginger – chilli paste to the filtered liquid and mix it well.
- Add salt to taste and chutney is ready.
Sweet tamarind chutney is a famous Indian chutney which is made from tamarind, jaggery and some basic spices. However, If you want to prepare this chutney purely home made, you may use raw tamarind for it's preparation. This tamarind sauce is prepared at regular basis in my pantry as It is. The Best Sweet Tamarind Sauce Recipes on Yummly Tangy Tamarind Sauce, Sweet Tamarind Chutney, Sweet & Sour Tamarind Sauce.