Amma’s ellu chutney (Sesame seeds chutney). Ellu Chutney recipe – Learn How to Make Ellu Chutney and get all the details like Ingredients, Cooking Method of Ellu Chutney on Vaya.in. Sesame is known as Ellu in Tamil Nadu, a place famous for amazing food. Home » Ellu Chutney – Sesame seeds Chutney.
First we will roast the black sesame seeds. Traditionally the seeds and lentils are dry roasted. Dry roast sesame seeds until it sizzles and you get a nice nutty flavor of roasted sesame seeds. You can cook Amma’s ellu chutney (Sesame seeds chutney) using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Amma’s ellu chutney (Sesame seeds chutney)
- You need 1/2 cup of white sesame seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 4-5 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 2 of garlic pods.
- You need 3-4 of red chilly.
- Prepare 1 of small gooseberry size tamarind.
- Prepare 1 of small gooseberry size jaggery.
- You need of Salt as required.
Powder jaggery. (you can get good quality powdered organic jaggery in health stores). Sesame seeds are one of the earliest harvested seeds in the world. I love sesame in any form and try to include in many recipes. This year for kaanum pongal when we make prepared rice, this was one of the rice dishes I prepared.
Amma’s ellu chutney (Sesame seeds chutney) instructions
- Dry roast sesame seeds until it pops up. Some seeds won’t get popped up. In that case just roast for mins until it starts changing color..
- Grind it along with other ingredients..
- Serve with rice, dosa or idli..
The powder is so fragrant that it fills the whole house with its pleasant aroma. Sesame Seeds Dumpling, locally known as Ellu Kozhukattai is a less popular variety of kozhukattai made specially in Brahmin households. In these, rice balls are stuffed with a mix of roasted sesame seeds, roasted peanuts, jaggery and ghee. Ellu Chutney (Sesame Seeds Chutney Recipe). Brinjal Chutney Recipe – Kathirikai Chutney for Idli & Dosa – Yummy Tummy.