Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew.
You can cook Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew
- It’s of boneless chicken thighs, cubed.
- It’s of seasoned flour.
- Prepare of chicken stock or reduced-fat low-sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare of dry white wine.
- It’s of canola oil.
- You need of Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- Prepare of red bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- It’s of yellow chile peppers, minced.
- You need of carrots, diced.
- You need of sweet onion, chopped.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- It’s of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need of finely chopped fresh ginger.
- It’s of ground cumin.
- You need of cinnamon stick.
- You need of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare of lightly salted roasted peanuts.
- You need of loosely packed chopped collard greens.
- You need of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
Brad's West African Chicken, Collard Green, and Peanut Stew step by step
- Cube chicken. Place seasoned flour into a lg ziplock bag. Add chicken and shake well to coat. Heat a lg frying pan on medium heat. Add canola oil and fry chicken in batches until it browns. Drain on paper towels and set aside. When all chicken is done, deglaze pan with white wine. Simmer until all alcohol is cooked off. And all the good bits are unstuck from the pan. Set aside..
- At the same time, in a large stock pot, heat another tsp oil on medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and both kinds of peppers. Saute until onions have sweated off, but do not brown. Add garlic and ginger. Saute one more minute..
- To the stock pot, add the broth and tomato paste. Bring to a simmer and make sure it is combined well..
- Add rest of ingredients to the stock pot. Add the chicken and the wine slurry from deglazing the pan. Mix well and bring to a simmer..
- Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Just until the sweet potatoes become tender. But not until they dissolve. Remove the bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Check seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, enjoy..