My Favorite Vegetable Soup.
You can cook My Favorite Vegetable Soup using 26 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Favorite Vegetable Soup
- You need of large can of V8 Juice.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of Fresh Carrots peeled and cut or a bag of baby carrots.
- Prepare of fresh green beans cleaned and cut in half.
- It’s of large Tub of Cremini Mushrooms.
- You need of bag of frozen broccoli.
- Prepare of frozen Peas.
- It’s of large sweet onions.
- It’s of Minced garlic cloves.
- It’s of sliced red bell pepper.
- Prepare of sliced green bell pepper.
- You need of diced Medium Potatoes (I used russets).
- It’s of If I have sweet potatoes I will use them.
- You need of Seasonings: Dash of Each to taste kosher salt, Fresh Ground Pepper,.
- You need of Cumin, Garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder,.
- Prepare of Smoked paprika, celery seed, chili powder, nutmeg, cinnamon.
- Prepare of Cinnamon is not detectable but it does help with.
- Prepare of Any acidic dish that is made.
- Prepare of Chopped cabbage.
- It’s of celery chopped.
- You need of Toss the leafy tops in also.
- You need of bay leaves (Do not eat) take out when soup is done.
- You need of frozen corn.
- Prepare of your favorite greens.
- Prepare of Spinach, kale, collard greens, mustard greens.
- Prepare of I use the bag of Trio Greens.
My Favorite Vegetable Soup step by step
- In a large soup pot, One to two swirls of olive oil to oil the pot Sauté onions, garlic, add V8 and water Bring to a boil, add Carrots, celery, celery seed, chili powder, paprika,.
- After soup comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium low. Cook for about 69 minutes. Add the rest of the veggies, the last 15 minutes of cooking. Add all the rest of the seasonings If using slow cooker, I start out on high, Place all ingredients into the slow cooker on low. Except mushrooms and and peas. These will become mushy. In a pot on the stove I love to simmer most of the day… Keeping an eye on the liquid not allowing it to get too low. In a slow cooker Cook on high four hours Cook on low 6-8 hours or overnight. My friend works, she puts her dinner in the crockpot on and when they get home. Dinner is ready..