Spicy Collard Kimchi/lacto-fermentation.
You can cook Spicy Collard Kimchi/lacto-fermentation using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Collard Kimchi/lacto-fermentation
- Prepare of For salt brining.
- Prepare of Organic Collard green.
- It’s of filtered water.
- It’s of Fine Sea salt.
- It’s of For paste making.
- It’s of Julianned carrots.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of green onion, optional.
- Prepare of Korean hot pepper flakes.
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- You need of non-refined sugar or honey.
Spicy Collard Kimchi/lacto-fermentation step by step
- Rinse collard green under cold running tap water to remove soil. Cut collard in to 1/2 inch lengthwise and set aside in a big bowl..
- Dissolve 1/4cup of salt in 1 cup of filtered water. Pour it onto the collard green. Mix it by hands and allow it to sit for 40 to 2 hours depends on the texture of the leaves. Salt brining is very important. Turn the vegetables every 10 or 30 minutes. In the end, the leaves should be withered and reduce in volume by 40%..
- In a separate basin that has been filled with water, dump all salted collard in and wash the vegetable vigorously for 30 seconds. Transfer all vegetable into a colander. Repeat washing 2 times (total 3 times). This step removes excessive salt and dirt that hidden between leaves. After the last wash, dry the vegetable in the colander or by squeezing out excessive water with hands..
- Make the paste in a mixing bowl by adding minced garlic, Julianned carrots, hot pepper flakes into 1/4 cup of fish sauce. Mix the paste well and add it all to the vegetable. Mix well by hands and place the vegetable in glass jar or earthware. Firmly press down the vegetables to avoid air gaps in between layers. Allow them to sit in room temperature for 24 hours before store them in the fridge. Eat right after they start to turn sour..