Fried zucchini and squash pasta. Make fried squash or zucchini with my blue ribbon winning recipe and discover how good this Southern dish can be! You and your family will love this. Salting and sweating the zucchini before frying pulls most of the extra moisture from the zucchini or yellow squash.
Add the pasta and stir to prevent sticking. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Parmesan Fried Zucchini is an easy to make, crisp, yummy appetizer with a nice mild, garden vegetable flavor. You can cook Fried zucchini and squash pasta using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried zucchini and squash pasta
- Prepare of green zucchini.
- Prepare of yellow squash.
- Prepare of spaghetti noodles.
- You need of Jars spaghetti sauce.
- Prepare of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of egg.
- Prepare of milk.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of basil.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of thyme.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
These are delicious dipped in marinara sauce! This recipe for Parmesan fried zucchini is a delicious way to prepare this incredible variety of squash. These crispy, oven-fried zucchini and squash are lightly breaded and baked to perfection, without all the artery-clogging grease! Then, toss in the squash and zucchini.
Fried zucchini and squash pasta step by step
- Cook and Drain noodles. Preheat oven to 350.
- In med. bowl beat milk and egg together and set aside..
- On a plate combine flour and seasonings and mix together..
- Cut up zucchini and squash in chips and dip in the egg mixture then coat in the flour mixture. Repeat until all pieces are coated..
- In skillet heat oil. Fry zucchini and squash chips until crispy on both sides. Repeat until gone..
- Combine one jar of sauce with the noodles and pour into a baking dish..
- Pour second jar of sauce over the top and layer with alternating zucchini and squash chips. Top with cheese and bake until melted..
Close the top of the bag and toss around until veggies are coated well with the dry mixture. Zucchini and summer squash are totally interchangeable when it comes to gratins. Keep it simple with a crispy breadcrumb and Parm topping, or go for Zucchini noodles can be turned into salads and sides, or substituted for pasta or grains. I know I don't even enough pasta recipes on the blog… and that's such a pity! So, I decided to fix it and I am planning a little series about quick, simple and affordable pasta recipes.