Greek salad. Greek salad or horiatiki salad (Greek: χωριάτικη σαλάτα or θερινή σαλάτα) is a popular salad in Greek cuisine generally made with pieces of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese. Try Ina Garten's fresh Greek Salad recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network for a colorful Ina Garten makes her Greek Salad recipe. She begins by making homemade vinaigrette, which includes.
This authentic Greek salad recipe is made simply with tomato, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, olives, oregano, and a red wine vinaigrette, and lots of feta cheese. Greek Salad is a delicious combination of crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes and crunchy bell peppers tossed with olives and feta cheese. Greek salad, also known as village salad or horiatiki is the national dish of Greece, consisting of quartered tomatoes, sliced red onions, and chunky slices of cucumber. You can have Greek salad using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek salad
- You need 7 of firm ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Lebanese cucumbers, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 1 of red onion, sliced into rings.
- Prepare 1 of red capsicum, halved, deseeded, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 200 g of marinated Greek olives.
- You need 220 g of marinated feta, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
This Greek salad is simple to make and filled with some of our all time favorite ingredients. Like most of our favorite salads, this Greek salad recipe only calls for simple, fresh ingredients. This chunky Greek salad recipe is quick to make and packed with protein. The wholemeal pitta makes a high-fibre accompaniement.
Greek salad instructions
- Combine tomato, cucumber, onion, capsicum, olives and feta in a salad bowl. Sprinkle with oregano and salt..
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar in a jug. Drizzle the salad with dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately..
Traditional Greek Salad recipe or just perfection in simplicity! The Greek salad is one of the most popular and well-known Greek dishes outside and inside The basic Greek salad is made with tomato, cucumber, olive oil, olives and feta and there are variations. A Greek salad is usually a combination of tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion. Common additions include ripe olives, bell peppers, and feta cheese. This Greek salad is served on a bed of lettuce.