Greek country salad. Greek salad or horiatiki salad (Greek: χωριάτικη σαλάτα or θερινή σαλάτα) is a popular salad in Greek cuisine generally made with pieces of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese (usually served as a slice on top of the other ingredients), and olives (typically Kalamata olives) and dressed with salt. Greek Country Salad. "This salad is a summer favorite with everyone and virtually a meal in itself!" —Christine Chinchilla, Hinckley, Illinois. This dish will remind you of Greek holidays if you have been lucky enough to visit Greece.
Also called country salad, greek salad or village salad. Composed with lettuce, cucumber, onion, radish, fried egg and bacon, cheese Country style salad. Country Greek salad in the collection of dishes of Greek cuisine. You can have Greek country salad using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek country salad
- It’s 2 of tomatoes, ripe but firm.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber cut into round slices (the more tender it is, the better).
- Prepare 1 of pepper, green, cut into rings.
- You need 1 of onion cut into rings.
- Prepare of Kalamata olives.
- Prepare 1 of little caper.
- Prepare 100 g of feta cheese cut into cubes.
- It’s of vinegar.
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of oregano.
Description of the recipe with step by step cooking instructions. Greek salad, also known as village salad or horiatiki is the national dish of Greece, consisting of quartered tomatoes, sliced red onions, and chunky slices of cucumber. This classic Greek salad relies heavily on the ripest and most aromatic tomatoes and has become world-popular, a staple in almost any Greek restaurant. Greek salad: the so-called Greek salad is known in Greece as village/country salad (choriatiki) and is essentially a tomato salad with cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, and black kalamata olives or green.
Greek country salad instructions
- Wash and strain the vegetables..
- Cut the tomatoes into large chunks and place into a bowl, then add the cucumber, the pepper, the olives, the caper and the feta cheese..
- Season with salt, add oil, vinegar, oregano and mix..
This chunky Greek salad recipe is quick to make and packed with protein. The wholemeal pitta makes a high-fibre accompaniement. Okay, so Greek Salad has absolutely nothing to do with Holy Week. I just happen to have made a Greek salad Saturday. I thought of it, I wanted it, so I made it.