7 layer Greek salad. My sister requested I make a seven layer salad for Easter this year. I looked up some on-line and decided to try this recipe. Making Seven Layer Salad for a crowd?
This dip begins with a layer of freshly made hummus then it's topped with a creamy, garlic-herb Greek yogurt layer then a layer of English cucumbers, grape tomatoes, black or kalamata olives. This Seven Layer Greek Salad has become my diet salad recipe. Life is always busy and this kind of salad is very satisfying. You can have 7 layer Greek salad using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 7 layer Greek salad
- You need 2 bunch of romaine lettuce.
- You need 2 slice of romaine tomatos.
- It’s 5 of boiled eggs.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of dukes mayo.
- It’s 6 slice of red onion.
- Prepare 2 cup of tiny frozen peas.
- It’s 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded mild cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded italian cheese.
I always have hummus, pita bread and Feta cheese in my refrigerator these days! There are many variations of it, but common ingredients include greens, tomatoes Similar to my low carb Greek Mason jar salad, you want the dressing away from the lettuce, which won't hold up as well, and next to ingredients that. Place salad greens in large salad bowl. Layer radishes, onions, celery, bacon and peas on salad greens.
7 layer Greek salad step by step
- Rinse and cut the romaine lettuce and put in a salad bowl.
- Add tiny frozen peas after boiling them for ten minutes.
- Add the sliced red onions on top of the tiny peas and romaine lettuce.
- Sprinkle shredded italian and mild chedder cheese on top.
- Spread the duke mayo on top of the salad ingredients in the bowl.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan on top of the mayo.
- Cut the tomatos and boiled eggs into halfs and decorate the top of the salad with these halfs.
Keep salads cold at picnics or other outdoor events by placing the serving container in a bowl filled with ice. Show off this pretty salad in a clear glass or plastic bowl. Instead of refried beans I used canned black beans because they are healthier and that's what I had Then just drain carefully the liquid from the bottom of the dish before serving. You might also like my Greek salad layered dip. The layers are topped with a lightly sweetened mayonnaise and the salad is tossed just before serving.