Greek salad. Greek salad or horiatiki salad (Greek: χωριάτικη σαλάτα or θερινή σαλάτα) is a popular salad in Greek cuisine generally made with pieces of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese. Try Ina Garten's fresh Greek Salad recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network for a colorful Ina Garten makes her Greek Salad recipe. A bright, fresh, classic Greek Salad recipe with a homemade Greek Salad Dressing.
This authentic Greek salad recipe is made simply with tomato, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, olives, oregano, and a red wine vinaigrette, and lots of feta cheese. This chunky Greek salad recipe is quick to make and packed with protein. The wholemeal pitta makes a high-fibre accompaniement. You can cook Greek salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek salad
- Prepare 1 of cucumber.
- You need 2 of onions.
- It’s 2 leaves of lettuce.
- It’s 50 ml of Lemon juice.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare of Cheese chopped 2cm cubes.
- It’s of Oregano chopped.
- It’s 150 ml of Olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Pepper and salt.
This Greek salad is simple to make and filled with some of our all time favorite ingredients. Like most of our favorite salads, this Greek salad recipe only calls for simple, fresh ingredients. Greek salad, also known as village salad or horiatiki is the national dish of Greece, consisting of quartered tomatoes, sliced red onions, and chunky slices of cucumber. Traditional Greek Salad recipe or just perfection in simplicity!
Greek salad instructions
- Wash lettuce and drain tear into bite sized pieces, peel cucumber and cut into slices.
- Wash tomatoes and cut into wedges, peel the onion and finely into rings.
- Combine cucumber, onion rings,tomato wedges,cheese and lettuce together and mix well.
- Make lemon juice, olive oil,pepper and salt toss the dressing through the ingredients.
Take your taste buds to the refreshing flavours of the Mediterranean with every bite of this colourful Greek salad! Try this delicious and healthy Greek salad recipe that brings an easy staple of Mediterranean cuisine to your home. A Greek salad is usually a combination of tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion. Common additions include ripe olives, bell peppers, and feta cheese. This Greek salad is served on a bed of lettuce.