Japanese Gyoza Dumplings.
You can have Japanese Gyoza Dumplings using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Gyoza Dumplings
- Prepare of For the filling.
- Prepare 250 g of 20% Fat minced pork.
- Prepare 1 of x Large Field Mushroom or Shiitake.
- Prepare 3-4 of Spring Onions.
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mirin.
- You need 1 tsp of shaping rice wine.
- You need 120 g of Raw King prawns roughly chopped.
- It’s of Thumb sized piece of ginger minced.
- You need of For the wrappers.
- You need 120 g of bread flour.
- Prepare 120 g of plain flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 120-150 ml of just boiled water.
- It’s of corn flour(for dusting).
Japanese Gyoza Dumplings instructions
- Mix all the ingredients from the filling section into a blow and cover with clingfilm. Refrigerate for several hours so that the ingredients can get to know one another..
- Sift the flour into a large bowl..
- Add salt to the water and mix until completely dissolved..
- Add the water into the flour little by little, stirring with a rubber spatula. You will eventually need to use your hands to form the dough into a ball..
- Transfer the dough to the work surface and knead the dough for 10 minutes, the texture of the dough will be much smoother..
- Cut the dough in half..
- Shape each half into a long sausage. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for about 30 minutes..
- After 30 minutes unwrap the dough. Sprinkle a little corn flour on to the work surface and roll out each log so that is about 1mm thick.
- Use a 2.5 inch biscuit cutter to cut out the rounds..
- Dust each one with some corn flour, stack up on a plate and cover with clingfilm.
- Now you can fill each wrapper with a heaped teaspoon of the filling mixture and pleat into the desired dumpling shape.
- Pre heat a pan with a tbsp of oil, Place the Gyoza's int it and fry until nice an crispy underneath. Now pour in about 50ml of water and put the lid on the pan. Steam until no more liquid is left in the pan..
- Serve with you favourite dipping sauce and enjoy.