Authentic ! Artichokes with Hollandaise Sauce.
You can cook Authentic ! Artichokes with Hollandaise Sauce using 4 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Authentic ! Artichokes with Hollandaise Sauce
- It’s 2 of Artichokes.
- It’s 100 grams of Butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 2 of Egg yolks.
Authentic ! Artichokes with Hollandaise Sauce step by step
- Cut off the tip of each of the artichoke leaves with scissors. (Be careful of the prickles.).
- Use a knife to cut off the top part..
- Place the artichokes upside down in a heated steamer and steam them for 10 to 15 minutes over high heat. In the meantime, make the sauce..
- Put the butter in a small frying pan or a small pot, and heat it over very low heat so that it melts at a low temperature without browning..
- Mix the egg yolks and lemon juice and add them to the butter. Keep stirring while heating the mixture over very low heat. When it thickens like custard cream, it's done..
- How to eat: Take an outer leaf off….
- Dip the root end of the leaf into the sauce….
- Eat from the tender bits of the root end by closing your teeth on it and pulling the leaf outward..
- Keep eating until you get to the bud shaped smaller center leaves near the heart. Pull off the center leaves and eat all of them together..
- If you remove the center leaves, you can see the choke on the top of the heart. The hairy part is not edible..
- Remove the choke using a spoon, and then you can eat the rest. Dip it into the sauce and enjoy..
- This sauce is also good with boiled asparagus and on Eggs Benedict..
- If you mix the sauce with tomato ketchup or tomato puree, it will turn into aurora sauce..
- The sauce doesn't keep well, so please eat it while freshly made and still warm!.