Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream. Make this simple fennel-scented sausage to toss into pasta or onto pizza Par-cook large crumbles to fold into Thanksgiving stuffing or a pot of soup Or fry up patties and serve alongside crusty bread and a bowl of tender white Italian Fennel Sausage. Peel and finely mince the garlic and shallots. Remove sausage meat from casing and chop roughly or crumble.
Pour in the wine, bring to a boil, and add the heavy cream, half-and-half, and tomato paste. Pasta Recipes Sausage Recipes Main Dish. Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta is the perfect dinner dish to whip up when you're running low on time and ingredients. You can have Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream
- You need 5 of Italian sausages, casings removed and cut into 1/4 in rounds.
- Prepare 16 oz of dry pasta (ideally penne, but I only had linguine).
- Prepare 1 of bulb fennel, chopped (reserve the fronds for garnish).
- You need 1 of large shallot, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
Italian sausages go insanely well in both white and red sauces as they feature a flavour combo of pork and fennel. Of course you can also use regular sausages, but I'd recommend. lb sweet Italian sausage link, casings removed,crumbled. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. When pureeing fennel one day, I realized its velvety texture would make for a creamy, delicious pasta sauce—without all the guilt.
Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream instructions
- Put a large pot of salted water on high heat. Put a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add the Italian sausages to the pan (no oil needed, they'll release oil as they cook). Fry until the sausages start to brown. If your pot of water is boiling by this point, drop in the pasta..
- Add the fennel to the pan of sausages and fry for 2 minutes. Add the shallot and garlic and fry another 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and a couple of splashes of pasta cooking water and turn the heat down to low..
- Stir the butter into the sauce until it melts, then add the cream. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste..
- When the pasta is a minute from done, drag it into the pan of sauce. Toss everything together. Add pasta cooking water as needed to loosen the noodles. Serve with a garnish of the fennel fronds and freshly grated parmesan..
Fettuccine pasta with a rich and creamy, tomato and Italian sausage sauce. The sauce comes together quickly with sweet and spicy Italian sausage, first cooked through then simmered with tomatoes and cream. italian sausage pasta Variations and Additions: Instead of using mild Italian sausage you can use ground sausage, chicken sausage, turkey sausage, spicy sausage. The pasta may have absorbed some of the liquid leaving it dried out. Feel free to add a bit more cream before heating. For creamy sausage pasta use either bulk Italian sausage or sweet Italian sausage links.