Shahi paneer. Shahi paneer recipe – Delicious, rich & creamy restaurant style shahi paneer. Shahi dishes originated in the royal kitchens of the Mughals and were meat based. Shahi Paneer is a super popular paneer dish where paneer is cooked in a rich and creamy gravy.
Shahi Paneer is a very festive main dish that is creamy and rich in flavor. It is usually a special occasion dish. Shahi paneer can be served with any Indian bread, such as naan or with rice. You can cook Shahi paneer using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shahi paneer
- It’s of FOR ONION TOMATO PUREE:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 pods of cardamom.
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 pod of black cardamom.
- It’s 3 of cloves.
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 inch of ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of tomato, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of FOR CURRY:.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of shahi jeera.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cream.
- It’s 15 cubes of paneer / cottage cheese.
- Prepare of few threads saffron / kesar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kasuri methi, crushed.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
Sautéed paneer is just the right match for this rich and luscious gravy, as the succulence of the paneer enriches the gravy further. Indeed, the Shahi Paneer is sure to pamper your palate. he most irresistible Paneer dish is Shahi Paneer. Though many versions of the same exist, mine. The word Shahi means Royal and now.
Shahi paneer step by step
- Firstly, in a kadai heat 1 tbsp butter and saute 2 pods cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon,1 pod black cardamom and 3 cloves. now add 1 onion, 3 clove garlic and 1 inch ginger..
- Saute slightly until onion softens. Further, add 2 tomato and saute slightly.also, add 1 cup water and 1 tsp salt. mix well.cover and boil for 20 minutes or until it softens completely..
- Cool completely and transfer to a blender. blend to smooth paste without adding any water. sieve the puree making sure the puree is smooth and silky. keep aside. in a large kadai heat 1 tbsp butter and saute ½ tsp shahi jeera and 1 bay leaf..
- Keeping flame on low add ¼ tsp turmeric and 1 tsp chilli powder. saute slightly until the spices turn aromatic. add in the prepared tomato-onion puree and mix well. further, add ¼ cup cream and mix until everything is well combined..
- Add in 15 cubes paneer, few threads saffron and mix well. cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until flavours are absorbed well. now add ½ tsp kasuri methi and ¼ tsp garam masala. mix well. finally, enjoy shahi paneer with roti or garlic naan..
Shahi Paneer is delicious cuisine and if famous across the world and shahi paneer will surely become your new favourite paneer curry at home. Moreover Punjabi version of shahi paneer is very aromatic. Shahi Paneer (royal dish of Indian cottage cheese) is one of the most famous paneer preparations. Like other "Royal" dishes, this rich dish has a base of cashew nuts, cream, and saffron. How to make the best Shahi Paneer Ever – Shahi means Royal so this actually appropriate name for this dish.