Penne rigati con pesto trapanese. Trapanese pesto is yet another Lidia-inspired recipe. And yes, I'm completely obsessed with her, thanks. I think it's the gaps of silence on her show that calm me.
Scrape the pesto into a large bowl. Drop the drained pasta onto the pesto. Toss quickly to coat the pasta, sprinkle on the cheese, and toss again. You can have Penne rigati con pesto trapanese using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Penne rigati con pesto trapanese
- Prepare 1 of garlic cloves.
- You need 15 piece of blanched (peeled) almonds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pine seeds.
- It’s 1/2 kg of peeled tomato.
- You need 5 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of raisins.
- It’s 1 tsp of capers.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of parmesan or pecorino.
- You need 300 grams of penne rigati.
- It’s 6 of basil.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of pasta water with amidon.
This Healthy Baked Pesto Rigatoni is tossed with heirloom tomatoes and a saucy spinach pesto that will knock your socks off. Pesto alla trapanese is Sicily's answer to Liguria's more famous basil-rich pesto sauce. They have a lot in common, as both are full of fresh basil, nuts, garlic, olive oil, and cheese. But where Ligurian pesto uses pine nuts, this one uses almonds, then adds juicy tomatoes on top of that.
Penne rigati con pesto trapanese step by step
- Put together garlic, white peeled almonds and pine seeds into a electronic mixer with peeled tomatoes, raisin, capers and olive extravirgin oil in order to mix them together for 2 minutes..
- Cook the penne rigati al dente for 9 minutes.
- Take some water with amidon used to cook the penne and mix with the sauce in the mixer for another 15 seconds.
- Put the sauce over the penne and mix them gently.
- Serve with basil leaves chopped in the hand.
Busiate pasta with Trapanese pesto from Trapani. During our recent holiday in Sicily we got to try quite a number of delicious Sicilian pasta dishes including this tasty Trapanese pesto, which is mostly eaten in the province of Trapani in the Western corner of Sicily. I rigatoni con pesto di pomodori secchi sono un primo dal gusto mediterraneo. La forma dei rigatoni si sposa alla perfezione con la densità del pesto. Il pesto alla trapanese è un gustoso condimento per la pasta diffuso nella parte occidentale della Sicilia.