Chicken Penne Alfredo with veggies and homemade sauce.
You can have Chicken Penne Alfredo with veggies and homemade sauce using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Penne Alfredo with veggies and homemade sauce
- It’s 4 of Chicken Breasts Boneless Skinless.
- You need 1 box of Penne Pasta-14.5 oz.
- Prepare 1 of Red Pepper- sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of White Onion-finely sliced.
- Prepare 2 cup of Frozen Peas.
- It’s 4 cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Asiago Parmesan Cheese Grated.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Coarse Black Pepper-divided.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cajon Seasoning.
- You need of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Sugar.
Chicken Penne Alfredo with veggies and homemade sauce instructions
- Boil water in large pasta pot. (While waiting for boil, finely slice white onion and red pepper, set to side).
- Add pasta to boiling water and boil 11 to 13 minutes. (While boiling pasta, get chicken breats ready to cook).
- Cut breasts in half, season with pepper, Italian seasoning, and a dash of salt and cajun seasoning. (Heat oil over med-high heat then add chicken and sautee in large pan until done about 10-15 minutes).
- Remove chicken from sautee pan and set aside. In same pan Sautee red peppers, white onions, garlic. Add 1/4 tsp. sugar to veggies and a pinch of salt. Cook until translucent and soft. Add to chicken. (Clean pan).
- When pasta is done, drain and set aside. Boil small sauce pan of water and cook frozen peas per directions on bag. Once done, drain and add peas to pasta..
- Add heavy cream and cajun seasoning to Sautee pan, heating over med-high heat bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and some coarse black pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until thickens..
- Remove from heat and stir in grated cheeses. Go slowly but not toooo slow. If the cream cools to much the cheese won't melt. If this happens then turn heat on low and continue to mix in until mostly blended. It may be a little lumpy, it's okay..
- Cut up cooked chicken, add it and veggies to pasta/peas. Then add sauce and toss in bowl. All done!.
- Don't forget to let me know what you think of the recipe!.