You can cook Penne Rosa using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Penne Rosa
- You need 16 oz of Penne.
- Prepare 3 cup of Traditional Marinara.
- You need 8 oz of Feta cheese – crumbled.
- Prepare 1 pints of Sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 medium of Roma Tomatoes – Diced.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic – minced.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Milk (or cream).
- Prepare 1/4 of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 2 cup of Kale.
Penne Rosa step by step
- Bring salted water to boil, add penne and 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- While penne is cooking, heat remaining oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and kale to pan and sauté in oil until mushrooms have given off their liquid.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour Marinara sauce into sauce pan and add tomatoes.
- Simmer sauce until penne is cooked el dente.
- Drain cooked pasta and set aside.
- As pasta cools, stir in milk and red pepper flakes to the simmering pasta sauce..
- Toss pasta in sauce, sprinkle crumbled feta on top and serve.