Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatos.
You can cook Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatos using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatos
- It’s of center cut pork chops.
- You need of red potatos.
- Prepare of onion, sliced.
- Prepare of of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of pork broth or 1 1/4 cup chicken broth and 1 1/4 cup beef broth.
- You need of heavy cream.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of flour.
- It’s of white wine.
- Prepare of cajun seasoning.
- It’s of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need of thyme.
- You need of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Prepare of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of chopped green onions.
Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatos step by step
- In a large saucepan cover potatos with salted water, bring to a boil and cook until tender but still firm. Cool, peel and slice 1/4 inche thick..
- Meanwhile make sauce. Melt butter in saucepan add onion and garlic and just soften, add flour and stir well for 2 minutes, it will seem dry, thats fine, add wine, cook 1 minute, slowly whisk in broth whisk until smooth add cream and seasonings. Cook to a boil and until slightly thickened, add cheese, remove from heat..
- Heat a film of oil in a large skillet, season pork chops, I used cajun seasoning, sear and brown pork chops on both sides, remove to a plate..
- TO ASSEMBLE AND COOK.
- Spray a casserole dish with non stick spray. Put some sauce in pan, layer potatoes and sauce top with pork chops sprinkle chops with more cheese if desired and green onions, cover and cook at 400 for about 30 to 40 minutes depending on thickness of pork chops.Do not overcook..