Roast cauliflower and potato soup. In this healthy cauliflower soup recipe, roasting the cauliflower first adds depth and prevents the florets from turning to mush. Add broth, potatoes, sweet potatoes, lime zest and juice. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
Packed with roasted cauliflower and potatoes, and loaded with delicious toppings. Make a batch of this potato soup today! It's almost Fall, and that means it's time for soup, to warm the body and soul. You can have Roast cauliflower and potato soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roast cauliflower and potato soup
- It’s 4 of medium roughly chopped potatoes.
- You need 1 of cauliflower head, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of chopped medium onion.
- It’s 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Chinese 5 spice.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vegetable spice.
- Prepare of Vegetable/canola oil (for cooking).
- You need of Water (for cooking).
Enjoy this simple and quick recipe. Easily customize it to suit your taste. There's also roasted potato and cauliflower in there, but when you look at it all you see is magenta. You can think of it as beet and potato soup, beet potato soup, potato beet soup, cauliflower beet soup or go nuts and make up your own name!.
Roast cauliflower and potato soup instructions
- Halfway fill a medium sized saucepan with water. Add potatoes and onion to the pan..
- Add the stock cube and Chinese 5 spice to the vegetables, cook on medium heat for 20 – 25 minutes. Be careful not to let all the water evaporate as you need it for a velvet textured soup..
- While vegetables are cooking on the stovetop. Lay cauliflower on a baking tray and season with vegetable spice. Drizzle cauliflower with oil and oven roast at 180°, 'til slightly charred (about 25 minutes)..
- When both the cauliflower and potatoes are cooked, spoon the cauliflower into the pot where the potatoes were cooking. Take a handheld blender and blitz the veggies 'til smooth..
- Scoop the soup into bowls and add desired toppings. Enjoy!.
Cauliflower Sweet Potato Soup has a lovely depth, is slightly sweet from the sweet potatoes and lusciously creamy from the roasted cauliflower. I simply cannot eat enough soup and chili these days. I guess being iced and snowed in for days on end will do that to you! After being iced in for three. This roasted cauliflower and potato soup was perfectly delicious before we added the skillet-browned sea scallops.