Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup.
You can cook Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup
- It’s 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 6 c).
- You need 2 of tblsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 1 c of diced carrot.
- You need 3 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 of fresh red chili pepper, such as serrano or jalapeño, minced, plus more for garnish.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of can no-salt-added tomato sauce.
- You need 4 c of low-sodium vegetable broth.
- You need 3 c of diced peeled russet potatoes (1/2-inch).
- It’s 3 c of diced peeled sweet potatoes (1/2-inch).
- You need 2 tsp of lime zest.
- It’s 2 of tblsp lime juice.
- Prepare 1 (14 oz) of can coconut milk.
- It’s of Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish.
Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees..
- Combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, pepper and cayenne in a small bowl. Toss cauliflower with 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture and toss again. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the cauliflower until the edges are browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside..
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, stirring often, until the onion is soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, chili and the remaining spice mixture. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute more..
- Stir in tomato sauce, scraping up any browned bits, and simmer for 1 minute. Add broth, potatoes, sweet potatoes, lime zest and juice. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 35 to 40 minutes..
- Stir in coconut milk and the roasted cauliflower. Return to a simmer to heat through..
- Garnish with cilantro and chilies, if desired..
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt, if desired..