Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin). This recipe is for vegan jeera aloo. In this video we'll show you how to make this Indian dish by taking potatoes and cumin to the next level. These roasted potatoes are the perfect side to any chicken or fish curry.
It's vegan and very easy to make with simple ingredients! The literal translation for this dish is Jeera = Cumin and Aloo = Potatoes so this is Cumin Potatoes and one of the most popular and easiest Indian side dish..simple potato roast, chettinad potatoes, bombay potatoes, keralan potatoes, chukka potatoes, rajasthan potatoes, pepper potatoes, sambar potatoes Even today i made potato roast and rasam. But this time i flavoured potatoes with cumin seeds and asafoetida. You can cook Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin) using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin)
- It’s 250 gms of potatoes boiled and cubed.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Onion finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger Garlic paste.
- You need 1 of Green chilli finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need As needed of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kasthoori methi leaves crushed.
- You need 1 of tbps Coriander leaves chopped finely.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
Aloo Jeera is easy yet a delicious side dish. Aloo Jeera is easy yet a delicious side dish. A whole cumin seeds have a slightly nutty flavor. The next step is to add the cooked potatoes into the pan, and sauté them for about one minute.
Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin) instructions
- Boil the potatoes peel them and cube into pieces. Keep aside. Heat oil in wide kadai add mustard seeds. Once mustard seeds crackled completely add cumin seeds..
- Add chopped onion. Saute for a bit add ginger garlic paste and green chilli. Once the raw smell goes off, reduce the flame. Add all the masala powders one by one and mix with another hand. Don't burn the masala. Add salt and Kasturi methi leaves, saute a bit..
- Now add the cubed potatoes and mix it carefully don't break the potatoes. Roast for another 5 minutes in medium flame and stir every one minute. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with any rice or roti..
To add a touch of acidity, pour in the lemon juice and stir until it Add it the coriander and stir, to complete the jeera aloo. At this point you can also taste the potatoes and adjust the salt if you feel it is needed. A nice Indian-style twist on potatoes. The fried whole cumin seeds have a unique slightly nutty flavor. A good way to use up leftover boiled potatoes.