Spicy pumpkin soup. Quick and easy spicy pumpkin soup made with pumpkin purée, onions, fresh ginger, chicken stock, cream, and a mixture of curry, cumin, and coriander. This spicy pumpkin soup recipe is made Cajun style with a rich roux that thickens the entire pot and incorporates lots of fresh pumpkin and seasonings. It's that time of year, my friends.
This Spicy Pumpkin Soup recipe is satisfying and healthy, bold and rich with southwest flavor. Made silky smooth without cream, my vegan and gluten free pumpkin soup is a comfort to the soul. A super fast and easy Spicy Coconut and Pumpkin Soup. You can have Spicy pumpkin soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy pumpkin soup
- You need of Pumpkin,peeled and seed removed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Garrick clove crushed.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 3 (34 cup) of chicken stock.
- Prepare of Salt and ground black peeper.
- You need of For the garnished.
- Prepare 1 tsp of plain yoghurt.
- It’s leaves of Dried coriander.
I sprinkled a little crushed red pepper on top, drizzled some sriracha and plain yogurt, and added some pepitas that I found in my pantry. This is a classic, easy pumpkin soup made with fresh pumpkin that is very fast to make. Thick, creamy and full of flavour, this is THE pumpkin soup recipe you will make now and forever! Instead of typical pumpkin pie spices, cumin and cayenne pepper lend a smoky, spicy flavor.
Spicy pumpkin soup instructions
- Cut the pumpkin flesh into evenly sized chunks.Heat the oil in a large pan and add the garlic.cook gently until softened..
- Add the ground finder and cumin and cook,stirring for a further minute.add the pumpkin chunks and season with salt and Pepe.bring the mixture to the boil and simmer for 30minutes or until the pumpkin is tender..
- When it’s tender used a fork to mashed the chunk pumpkin until smothered.Ladle out into warmed individual bowl.Add a spoon of plain yoghurt and swirl it through the top layer of the soup.garnish with dried coriander leaves..
This delicious spicy pumpkin soup is an autumnal dish you'll love to try for lunch, starter or dinner. Watch how to make the best pumpkin soup in this short recipe video! Pumpkin is a super-rich source of both beta-carotene and alpha-carotene, two hard-working In a blender, blend soup in batches until smooth. Strain the stock then return to the pan and keep warm. This soup gets its spiciness from a few places.