Pumpkin soup. This is a classic, easy pumpkin soup made with fresh pumpkin that is very fast to make. Quick and easy spicy pumpkin soup made with pumpkin purée, onions, fresh ginger, chicken stock, cream, and a mixture of curry, cumin, and coriander. Pumpkin soup is a usually 'bound' (thick) soup made from a purée of pumpkin.
The shortcut was obvious — canned pumpkin — but would it taste as good? Your mama's gonna be so proud. Watch how to make the best pumpkin soup in this short recipe video! You can cook Pumpkin soup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin soup
- It’s 150 g of pumpkin peices.
- It’s 1 of medium sized onion.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- It’s 50 grams of red lentils.
- Prepare 1 tbls of butter, 1 tbls of vegetable oil.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
This creamy (yet cream-less) soup features incredible roasted pumpkin flavor. Pumpkin soup in the fall is something that never gets old. It's healthy, super creamy, and keeps you cozy. You can use various winter squashes to make this soup but our top two favorite types are sugar.
Pumpkin soup step by step
- In a pot add the pumpkins and the chopped onions and carrots, add butter, black pepper, salt and oil and stir fry it for 10mn.
- Add 25oz of water (over half a liter) or you can use vegetable broth as well, add the lentils and let simmer until the broth thickens a bit (15-25mn).
- Remove the pot and add cheese or fresh cream, or 70g of natural yogurt, mix well until smooth and serve.
Oh my gourd, these pumpkin soups are delicious. Pumpkin Soup is one of the best fall soups you'll ever taste. A creamy base is loaded with bacon, pumpkin, spices, and pureed until smooth. This easy squash soup is the perfect fall recipe! Luckily, pumpkin soup is a very easy meal to make, even if you're a beginner in the kitchen.