Cream of Pumpkin Soup.
You can cook Cream of Pumpkin Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream of Pumpkin Soup
- You need 1 small of Pumpkin.
- You need 1 lb of Pancetta (or bacon ends).
- It’s 2 large of Russet Potato.
- Prepare 1 of Sweet Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 stalk of Celery.
- You need 2 of Carrot.
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 cup of Heavy Cream (or canned milk).
- You need 2 tbsp of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of cinnamon, cloves, allspice (to taste).
Cream of Pumpkin Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut and remove the top and bottom of the pumpkin (jack-o-lantern sized discs) core out pulp and seeds, discard insides. Bake pumpkin for 2 hours at 350°F with 2 quarts water in the roasting pan to keep it moist. Cover with aluminum foil..
- Peel potatos. Cut potatos and pancetta into 1cm cubes and proceed to cook them into a hash in a skillet on a medium low flame, stirring and tossing frequently until all grease is extracted from the meat. Strain, save the grease and set the hash aside..
- Mince garlic and onion, chop celery thin, width-wise, and grate carrots in a cheese grater. Coat a hot non-stick pan over a medium high flame with a bit of the grease from the hash and add garlic and onion. Add carrot and celery once the onions become transparent, cook until softend..
- Peel and mash pumpkin and add all ingredients except cream to a large pot, add baking water and additional water (if needed) to submerge all ingredients, cover and cook over a medium flame for an hour, stirring occasionally. If ingredients haven't softened into a partially homogenous mixture, use a hand mixer to blend to the desired consistincy..
- If you intend to freeze or conserve the soup in any way, do it now. Otherwise add cream, serves 12. Garnish with scallions or fresh parsley..