Ham 🐷Soup 🥣. Ham and Split Pea Soup Recipe – A Great Soup With the slightly sweet, somewhat salty, and subtly smoky flavor of the ham, this hearty soup is the ideal fall or winter soup — a great one for lunches, or as a starter for dinner. This is a delicious recipe for ham and potato soup that a friend gave to me. It is very easy and the great thing about it is that you can add additional ingredients, more ham, potatoes, etc and it still turns out great.
Our favorite money-saving trick is to turn it into rich and luxurious-tasting soups (usually with lots of cheese). From creamy ham and wild rice to cheesy ham chowder, we have loads of ham soup recipes to help you stretch your ham even further. This Leftover Ham and Bean Soup recipe uses up the bone and extra meat to make a flavorful and mouthwatering soup. You can have Ham 🐷Soup 🥣 using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ham 🐷Soup 🥣
- You need of Ham (leftover from Thanksgiving), cut up.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of margarine.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 cans of beef broth (14 ounce).
- It’s 1 can of white beans (15.5 ounce), undrained.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Sazon complete.
- It’s 1/2 cup of egg noodles.
- It’s 1 cup of green beans (I’m using frozen).
Get ready for a delicious, hearty and heavenly smelling dinner. Maybe you made a honey mustard glazed ham, or perhaps it was glazed with brown sugar and cola. No matter how you prepared it, I have an awesome recipe for your leftovers! I don't know about you, but when I'm in.
Ham 🐷Soup 🥣 step by step
- In a large pot heat up your margarine……..
- Sauté onion until tender, then add minced garlic…….
- Next add to pot : beef broth, white beans, oregano, black pepper and Sazon, heat until mixture boils……
- Now add your cut up ham, stir well……
- Next add the egg noodles and green beans, heat for several minutes until egg noodles are tender…..
- Serve and enjoy 😉!.
Use a Ham Shank or Leftover Ham. This recipe is for soup made with ham and potato. You can use either a leftover ham bone and some ham from a glazed ham, or you can use a meaty ham shank. You could even use a ham hock, but the hocks aren't as meaty as the shanks, so if you use hocks, you'll likely need extra ham. I knew this ham soup recipe was a keeper when my mother-in-law asked for it!