Slow cooker pumpkin soup. A simple soup with pumpkin, chicken broth, onion and some select herbs. This easy soup will really warm you up on a winter evening! Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
This creamy soup is loaded with all the flavors that you expect in a good pumpkin soup. It features a blend of onion, garlic, carrots, pumpkin, cream, and a few spices. This slow cooker pumpkin soup manages to check several boxes at once. You can have Slow cooker pumpkin soup using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker pumpkin soup
- Prepare 1.2 kg of Kent pumpkin.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 L of sodium reduced chicken stock.
- Prepare 50 g of cream cheese.
- It’s Half of block feta cheese.
- It’s Handful of chopped chives.
I recommend taking the time to sauté the diced vegetables and aromatics at the beginning of cooking. This helps give the finished soup more flavor. Nothing is easier to make than this Slow Cooker Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe – it's great for chilly nights, potlucks and parties, or anytime. Folks, you don't need me to tell you that Pumpkin Season has arrived.
Slow cooker pumpkin soup step by step
- Remove seeds and rind from pumpkin, cut into chunks..
- Stir fry diced onion and minced garlic in slow cooker pot.
- Add pumpkin to pot, along with stock..
- Set for 6 hours on low..
- After soup is done, mash the pumpkin pieces with a potato masher..
- Stir in the cream cheese and stir thoroughly to ensure it is well distributed..
- Top of crumbed feta cheese and chopped chives to your liking..
This soup has flavors of traditional pumpkin soup with a hint of peanut butter flavor, creamy sweet coconut and a hint of spice thanks to cayenne. Once done cooking, remove chicken with a slotted spoon and transfer to a cutting board. Shred chicken with two forks, then add back to the slow cooker. Add pumpkin or butternut squash to slow cooker, then stir in liquids. Carefully transfer the soup to a bowl and puree with an immersion blender, or use a traditional blender and puree in batches.