Stir fry bee hoon. Stir-fried bee hoon (thin rice vermicelli noodles) was one of the food mom made often for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It's more of a breakfast food in our house, to be honest. We call this bihun goreng putih in Indonesia.
Eventually, the stir-fried noodles evolved into a new form and termed Singapore noodles since it is prepared by the Singaporean. We had a fast Stir-fry Rice Vermicelli (Bee Hoon) last night with Prawns. The vermicelli is infused with the flavour of the prawn broth, making the entire. You can have Stir fry bee hoon using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stir fry bee hoon
- You need of Koo chye.
- Prepare of Curry leaves (optional).
- It’s of Garlic.
- It’s of Lean pork meat or pork belly, change to chicken if u want halal.
- Prepare of Mushroom powder.
- Prepare of Light soy sauce.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Chilli (optional).
- It’s of Brussel sprout.
- Prepare of Egg.
- It’s of Shiitake mushroom.
- Prepare of White Pepper.
How To Stir Fry Rice Noodles? There are proper techniques involved in Chinese stir-frying. Please check out my Perfect Chinese Stir Frying Techniques I must say that this is comfort food especially to those who have been away from home. Stir-Fried Cucumbers With Spicy Ground Pork.
Stir fry bee hoon instructions
- Soak the bee hoon in warm water till soft then drain it. Don't need to boil it! This will give you a non soggy bee hoon..
- Stir fry garlic, curry leaves, chilli and koochye with sesame oil. U can put the curry leaves first so they will be drier..
- Put in Brussel sprout, shiitake mushroom or other veggie you like. Season with mushroom powder and pepper..
- Put in bee hoon, season with salt, pepper and mushroom powder..
- Make a hole in the center of the pan, put the egg and scrambled it. Please take note that egg will reduced the existing flavour. I usually scrambled it on the center..
- Taste it if the taste is to your liking and we are done!.
Singapore Stories: Singapore Street Noodles (aka Fried Bee Hoon). All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described. Economic fried bee hoon (simple stir fried rice vermicelli) is a typical breakfast for Malaysian Chinese and I guess Singaporean also eating this way. You can add cabbage into fried bee hoon, but I prefer to have a choice of add more veggie like outside hawker way, so I stir fry some cabbage.