sweet potato casserole. Sweet potatoes topped with creamy toasted marshmallows. A southern-style casserole that is a dessert-like side dish. It is made of cooked and mashed sweet potatoes combined with sugar, butter, vanilla, milk and eggs.
It's right up there with classic Mashed Potatoes! The sweet potato center is soft, fluffy and puffs. Thanksgiving isn't complete without a homemade sweet potato casserole. You can have sweet potato casserole using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of sweet potato casserole
- It’s of sweet potatoes.
- You need of salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- It’s of milk.
- You need of butter.
- Prepare of nutmeg.
- You need of marshmallow cream.
Top this lightened version of an easy marshmallow sweet potato casserole recipe. Sweet potato casseroles with marshmallows are very controversial. Some people (🙋) hate the candy-like element they add to the Thanksgiving spread. This casserole is for everyone in that camp.
sweet potato casserole instructions
- wash sweet potatoes and put them to boil until soft.
- preheat oven to 375.
- peel sweet potatoes and put them back in the pot.
- over medium heat mash the sweet potatoes.
- add salt and pepper.
- stir occasionally until the water is completely evaporated.
- add butter and water mix till butter melts and remove from heat..
- spread the potatoe in a dish.
- put scoops of marshmallow cream covering the top of sweet potatoes.
- put in oven for 15-20 minutes or until marshmallows are brown..
Is it a dessert or is it a side dish? Pierce each of the sweet potatoes twice on two side. Sweet potato casserole is one of the most popular Thanksgiving side dishes for a reason: It serves up the vegetable in a creamy, sweet, and decadent way, and as we pile it onto our plates. This sweet potato casserole with marshmallows is lightly spiced mashed sweet potatoes topped with both streusel and mini marshmallows. This easy sweet potato casserole with mashed potatoes has a buttery, crunchy pecan topping.